Monday, January 5, 2009

Yum Cha!

Today, me, dad, sis. Simone and William go Yum Cha together. Since dad came, we never got a chance to bring him to go Yum Cha. Therefore, we decided to set a time out and bring dad go.

Waking up early in the morning (which is usually a hard thing for me 'cause I'm not kind of morning person), getting ready to catch a train to the city together. Thought that we will go to 'Ding Hao' (the Yum Cha place that we usually go). But then sis. told me she book the one across the street. Just to try out new place.

When we went in, there was this supervisor who allocate customers to tables looks so familiar. Then only I recalled he was one of the customer in the place I work. So, I greeted him and asked how come didn't see him for quite a while. He told me 'cause I didn't give him to win. (Btw, it was just a joke). I then replied, "I'll give you win next time but you have to give me discount later on." He just smiled and lead us to an empty table.

While waiting for the food, we started to take some photo.

Me and dad.



Across the table were sis. Simone and her bf, William.


Not long after, waitresses coming out with a small trolley or tray with varieties of 'Dim Sum'. We got some beef stripe, salt and pepper squid, 'ha gau' (prawn dumpling... My favourite!), 'ha gau' with scallop, chicken feet, 'zhu cheong fan' (rice noodle roll), vegetarian roll, mango pudding, durian pastry, portugese egg tart and durian egg tart.


Here is 2 plate of 'ha gau', 2 plate of 'ha gau' with scallop and a plate of chicken feet.


This is vegeterian roll. Didn't think it's very tasty but sis. like it.


This is durian pastry. Yummy! Anything with durian? I'll have a go!

Just before we finished off the last bit, the supervisor came by and asked if everything is ok. Then, with a smile I asked again, "Any discount?" (Not that I expect I would get any!) With a smile back and not saying anything, he wrote on the order slip "-10%". Hahaha... Unexpectable!

Bill was paid. We were getting ready to leave. 'He' was standing somewhere near the door. As we walked towards the door, I stop and said,"Thank you. By the way, what's your name again?" (Haha... Flirting!) He told me, "Samson".

"Ok, then. Will see you soon! Bye."

He just smiled back, while I was heading to the exit.

0 comments:

 

A star was born... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner