Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Ugly Duckling.

One bright spring morning a mother duck was pleased that her eggs had begun to hatch. "Cheep! Cheep!" chirped the chicks. Mother duck was very proud of her fluffy ducklings - but one of them looked different from the others. "Quack! quack! How can that duckling be one of mine?" she wondered. "She's so big and ugly!" All the other chicks were mean and teased Sammy, the ugly duckling. They didn't want to play with her. Poor Sammy was very sad. "I don't belong here," she said.

One day she packed her bags and left home to look for someone to be her friend. Soon she came to a pond, where some other ducks were playing. But they didn't want to be her friends either. Poor Sammy was very unhappy and waddled away.

The next day an old woman saw the ugly duckling. "I think I'll cook her for my tea," she said. She tried to catch her but Sammy ran away as fast as she could. Poor Sammy was so sad that she hid herself by the riverbank all through the summer.

One day she watched some beautiful swans fly past her. "I wish I were as magnificent as a swan," she sighed. That winter it began to snow. Sammy was cold and all alone. Soon a kind farmer found her and decided to take her home and look after her. "At long last I've found a friend," smiled Sammy.

When the spring came, the farmer took Sammy back to the river. She looked at her reflection in the lake and lo and behold, what did she see? "I'm not an ugly duckling any more. I'm a beautiful swan!" she cheered.

"Look at that swan!" said the children in the town. She's the finest of them all." Sammy had never been so happy in all her life.

The End.


#I have always thought (and still are) that I'm just like Sammy, the ugly duckling. No one likes/loves me because I'm not pretty, smart or even rich. Since I was a kid, I had already lost my self-confiidence even up until now. Therefore, this story always reminded me about myself as an ugly duckling. Why some of my friends said I'm a weak person. I can't stand for myself when someone tried to step on me. I think this might because of lack of self-confidence. However, I really hope that one day I can turn into a swan just as Sammy did. >_<

0 comments:

 

A star was born... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner